Services built on the light platform are composed with many plugins as part of the embedded gateway, and each plugin(or middleware handler) has its configuration file to control if they are enabled and the runtime behavior. Developers usually are don’t need to worry about these config files as these can be added later on by operation team.
Unlike other application frameworks, we are not using a single config file but multiple config files as each service decides which plugins should be utilized and how they are utilized.
When managing the configurations, the following things need to be considered:
- Multiple config template files per service.
- Every environment has some values different.
- Some sensitive values need to be encrypted.
- Some of the config files need to be merged from several organizations.
- Some of the config files need to be overwritten from several organizations.
When config server is used, there should b minimum internal config files to ensure the connectivity to the config server